Planetree Health Library seeks a part-time communications professional to create promotional materials, write content, edit our e-newsletter, manage our social media presence, and to assist with communications strategy and planning, fundraising, and event planning.
- Creating informational/promotional collateral (brochures, mailers, posters, etc.) for PlaneTree Health Library’s initiatives including fundraising activities.
- Compiling and writing content for the PlaneTalk e-newsletter, as well as other communication initiatives as needed.
- Developing PlaneTree Health Library’s social media presence, monitoring and posting content on the organization’s various social media channels.
- Performing ongoing evaluation of communication strategies.
- Collaborating with PlaneTree Executive Director to create, execute, & assess our strategic communications plan.
- Able to write clearly, accurately and engagingly about health topics for a general audience. Writing skills should demonstrate an understanding of health literacy principles and their effective application in conveying written health information.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, and with regular communication with coworkers.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with general communication strategies and methods, including how/when to apply specific strategies to further an organization’s goals.
- Familiarity with nonprofit organizations.
Experience & Education:
- At least 3 years of professional experience required (internships ok) in communications, marketing, technical writing, public health or similar nonprofit organizations.
- Demonstrated experience writing health-related content in a variety of formats.
- Experience managing professional social media accounts preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or health-related field preferred.
- Graphic design experience desirable.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will be intensely curious, creative and innovative in their approach to work.
- Writes engagingly for diverse audiences.
- Wants to collaborate with coworkers, yet is also self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Is passionate about health and well-being.
- Can thrive in a remote work environment, and prefers a flexible work schedule.
This is a part-time hourly position averaging 15-20 hours/week on a flexible schedule.
PlaneTree Health Library is a virtual library, and staff work remotely using PHL’s applications on their own equipment. (For that reason, they will need to own and maintain their own computer and internet access in compliance with PlaneTree’s IT security requirements.)
This position is open immediately, is ongoing, and reports to the Executive Director.